In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of key developments in physician compensation in 2020.
Why you should Attend:
It has been a whirlwind year for physician compensation in the U.S. Since last year, the government has issued new proposed Stark and Anti-Kickback rules, declared a public health emergency, paused elective procedures and issued Stark blanket waivers to assist providers in their response to the pandemic.
At the same time, the federal, state and local governments have all issued numerous guidelines, directives and waivers that have directly and indirectly impacted physician compensation. Going forward, key changes to the allocation of wRVUs under the proposed 2021 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) could have a major impact on physician compensation.
Health care leaders will need to continue to be vigilant as they navigate this dynamic regulatory environment.Mr. Wolfe will discuss compliance strategies, the current state of the fraud and abuse laws, the mechanics and potential sunset of key actions (including the Stark blanket waivers), the impact of proposed changes to the physician fee, strategies for managing risk related to the MPFS changes, and other hot topics.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Provide an overview of proposed Stark and Anti-Kickback reforms
- Discuss physician compensation developments related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Describe fraud and abuse hot topics, including the Stark blanket waivers
- Discuss hot topics related to fair market value and commercial reasonableness
- Review potential strategies in response to the proposed MPFS changes
Who Will Benefit:
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFOs
- Health Care Executives