Excel has over 450 functions - a potent set of power tools that simplifies certain kinds of formulas and gives you a huge number of computational possibilities. Many Excel functions provide extended analytical capabilities and open the door to more efficient use of Excel.
This session gives you perspective on what functions are available and explains (with extensive examples) how to use many of them, including the IF function (with AND and OR), the powerful lookup functions -VLOOKUP, MATCH, and their important and more robust replacements - XLOOKUP and XMATCH. Examples of selected Date, Statistical, Financial, Mathematical, and TEXT functions will also be presented, as well as some of the new dynamic array functions - UNIQUE, SORT, and FILTER.
Why you should Attend:
Working with formulas and functions in Excel is absolutely critical to building powerful financial and analytical worksheets and is the most important skill set for many Excel users. It's essential for Excel users who need to unleash the power of this software to learn more about Excel functions, formula concepts, and invaluable shortcuts. This session presents in-depth coverage of specific formulas and functions, as well as provides attendees with the perspective they need to understand the scope and depth of these critical Excel features.
All examples will be presented within the context of Excel worksheets based on real-life examples encountered over the past 25 years of Excel consulting and teaching experience.
With so many functions, it's no easy task to know which functions are available and which ones you might have overlooked. Numerous productivity tips, shortcuts, and accelerator tools will be presented throughout the session.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Learn how to look up information in tables and reconcile different lists using VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP functions; for specialized lookup needs, learn to use the XMATCH and INDEX functions
- Learn how to use selected Text functions to extract and manipulate character and numerical data for sorting and analytical purposes
- Learn how to build 3-D formulas to tabulate data totals from multiple worksheets
- Learn how to harness the power gained from using multiple functions in a nested fashion
- Learn how and when to use the capabilities of the COUNTIF family of functions and newer functions -AGGREGATE, ARABIC, ISFORMULA, and FORMULATEXT
- Learn how to use the powerful IF function and the related AND and OR functions for programming-like capability
- Learn how the latest Excel upgrades include the powerful UNIQUE, SORT, and FILTER functions and how newer formula-handling capabilities make Excel even more powerful than before
Who Will Benefit:
- Any Excel user who needs to go beyond the basics of using formulas or simply wants to become more comfortable and productive in using Excel formulas and functions