Although it is perfectly possible to use Excel without ever creating a formula or using a function if you don't, you're missing out on a huge part of the application’s power.
Without formulas and functions, Excel would not be able to perform its calculations. So think of any scenario that involves addition, subtraction, division, or multiplication and that's where you'd use a formula.
Functions are built-in formulas that have been programmed to perform a specific calculation. They can often be used to shorten and simplify what would otherwise be a long-winded manually-entered formula.
Why you should Attend:
Learning how to create formulas will automate your calculations and save you a ton of time. No more using your fingers. No more mental arithmetic. No more using the calculator app on your Smartphone! Let Excel do the work for you!
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Creating basic formulas: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication
- Using parentheses in formulas - the what and why
- Copying a formula - the gotchas you need to know about
- Make formulas logical and understandable by assigning names to your important cells
- Speed up your work by using the SUM, AVERAGE, and COUNT functions
- The IFERROR function - the alternative to an ugly error
Who Will Benefit:
- This session is aimed at anyone who uses Excel at a basic level and wants to learn how to create formulas
- The training will be delivered using the latest version of Excel for Windows however all of the functionality is also available to users of earlier versions of Excel