This Virtual seminar will help you establish an efficient and effective CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) process leading to improved quality and compliance for your company. You'll learn how to streamline and monitor your process to ensure compliance and improved performance. If your CAPA process needs a CAPA, this seminar is for you.
We'll discuss regulatory requirements, the myths, and the challenges of managing CAPAs so you can avoid common problems and pitfalls. We'll discuss best practices so you can start off on the right foot and always be prepared for an inspection.
This seminar will provide detailed lectures on all elements of a CAPA program and how they connect to other parts of your Quality Management System. You will learn how to create a CAPA program that results in improved product quality, reduction in compliance issues, and ultimately leads to improved business success.
Why you should attend
Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) is the cornerstone of a strong Quality Management System. And yet, many medical device manufacturers struggle to establish and maintain an effective CAPA process. An ineffective CAPA process leads to disastrous consequences like complaints, recalls, 483s, and warning letters. Additionally, an inefficient CAPA system leads to wasted time and resources.
CAPA is so important that it is always emphasized in FDA inspections. It is consistently one of the top reasons for 483 and Warning Letter observations. It is critical that your company establishes a compliant, effective process. This seminar will also provide tools and checklists to ensure your program is inspection ready.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Regulatory Requirements and expectations
- Elements for creating an efficient and effective CAPA Program
- CAPA process, tools, and techniques
- Linkages throughout the Quality Management System
- Root Cause Analysis
- Metrics, Control, and Monitoring
- Dissemination of Information
- Myths, Challenges, Best Practices
- Inspection Preparedness
Who Will Benefit
- Quality Systems Specialists
- Document Control Specialists
- Quality and Compliance Specialists
- Quality Engineers
- Internal Auditors and Managers
- Training Specialists
- CAPA Specialists
- CAPA Managers
- Supplier Quality Engineers and Auditors
- Quality/Compliance managers or directors for Medical Device companies
- General Managers wanting to learn how to understand Quality System requirements
- Management Representatives
- FDA expectations for CAPA
- Lessons Learned from 483s and warning letters
- Common problems with CAPA
- Elements of a CAPA program
- How to structure your CAPA process
- How to use IT tools to monitor and maintain your CAPAs
- Metrics to ensure your CAPAs are timely and effective
- Sources of Data
- Analysis of Data
- Failure Investigation
- CAPA Project Management
- Problem Solving and Improvement techniques
- Effectiveness Checks
- Control, Monitoring, Dissemination of Information
- Connections within your Quality Management System
- Non-conforming Product
- Corrections and Removals
- Change Control
- Statistical Techniques
- Risk Management
- Bullet-proof Reports
Lecture 8 -
- Inspection Readiness and Checklist
- Best Practices
Susanne Manz MBA, MBB, RAC, CQA is an accomplished leader in the medical device industry with emphasis on quality, compliance, and six sigma. She has an extensive background in quality and compliance for medical devices from new product development, to operations, to post-market activities. While at GE, J&J, and Medtronic, Susanne worked in various world-wide roles including Executive Business Consultant, WW Director of Quality Engineering and, Design Quality, and Director of Corporate Compliance. Susanne has a BS in Biomedical Engineering and an MBA from the University of NM.
She earned her Black Belt and Master Black Belt certifications while at Johnson and Johnson. Susanne also holds Regulatory Affairs Certification (RAC) from RAPS and Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) certification from the American Society for Quality. Susanne has now established a consulting business with a mission to provide services to help medical device companies achieve world-class quality and compliance.