This 4-Hour Virtual Seminar will get into the fine details of what we need to do and how to do it.
We will go point by point through the entire HIPAA Security Rule and uncover simple methods to comply and create policy.
primary goal is to ensure everyone is well educated on what is a myth
and what is a reality with this law, there is so much misleading
information all over regarding the do's and don'ts with HIPAA - I want
to add clarity for compliance officers.
It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates for 2018.
Why you should attend
Join me in this 4-hour virtual seminar to explore what’s new with
HIPAA both from a regulation standpoint (new requirements) and an
enforcement standpoint Omnibus has changed the HIPAA landscape for good!
Do you know all of the requirements of this enigmatic law? Are you abiding by them?
goal is to make this extremely complex enigma known as "HIPAA" very
easy to understand with a painless step-by-step approach to an otherwise
harrowing task Times have changed and new laws are now in place
concerning protected health information.
The best way to protect
your practice or business and save yourself future headaches and
possible litigation or Federal fines are to be proactive instead of
reactive This once rarely enforced law has changed and you need to know
what's going on! Protect your practice or business!
These day's trial attorneys pose an even higher risk than the Federal government!
State laws are now in place increasing liability for patient remedies!
What factors might spurn a lawsuit or a HIPAA audit? are you doing these things?
will be discussing 2019 changes taking place in Washington with the
Health and Human Services regarding the enforcement of the HIPAA laws
already on the books as well as some detailed discussions on the audit
process and some current events regarding HIPAA cases (both in
courtrooms and from live audits)
Areas Covered in the Session
- Study all 18 Standards and 44 Implementation Specifications of the regulations
- Updates for 2022
- Requirements of Compliance Officers
- The new definition of what constitutes protected health information
- Real-life litigated cases
- Portable devices
- Business associates and the increased burden
- Emailing of PHI
- Texting of PHI
- Federal Audit Process
- HIPAA and suing - how this works
- Risk Assessment
- Best resources
Who Will Benefit
- Practice Managers
- Any Business Associates who work with
Mental Health Records, Substance abuse Records, or Alcohol abuse Records
(i.e. Billing Companies, Transcription Companies, IT Companies,
Answering Services, Home Health, Coders, Attorneys, etc)
- MD's and Other Medical Professionals
- HIPAA a Brief History
- HIPAA Privacy vs Security
- New definition of what constitutes protected health information
- HIPAA and the Business Associate
- Through examination of all 18 Standards and 44 Implementation Specifications of the HIPAA Security Rule and how to apply them
- How to enforce policy for each standard and implementation specification
- HIPAA and litigation
- The Federal Audit Process and things to be ready for
- HIPAA and Suing - how this works and examples of real cases
- Technology and HIPAA - best practices and big "no-no's"
- Ransomware, Viruses, bad technology
- HIPAA Texting and Emailing - myth vs reality
- Personal Devices and HIPAA
- HIPAA and the Audit Process
- How to conduct a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
Brian L Tuttle, CPHIT, CHP, CBRA, Net+, A+, CCNA, MCP is a Certified Professional in Health IT (CPHIT), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP), Certified Business Resilience Auditor (CBRA) with over 15 years’ experience in Health IT and Compliance Consulting. Mr. Tuttle has worked all of those 15 years with MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions and is now Senior Compliance Consultant and IT Manager with InGauge Healthcare Solutions (previously named MAG Mutual Healthcare Solutions). Almost all of Brian’s clients are earned by referral with little or no advertising. Brian is well known and highly regarded in medical circles throughout the United States .